DIY: Engagement Party or Bridal Shower
We are always looking for a fun and easy DIY project to turn every event into something beautiful. We’ve got two easy, breezy (seriously, you can print them out) projects that will add a little bit of glamour to that engagement party or bridal shower you’re planning.
Mr & Mrs Banner:
Banners are a classic DIY! This one is short and sweet, perfect for adding a special detail to a small space.
Materials (most of this can be found at Staples, Paper-Source or Michael’s): Cardstock, natural jute twine, patterned paper, scissors or X-acto knife if comfortable, ruler and cutting board, double sided tape, hole punch, banner template (found here).
Crepe Paper Flowers:
We love this DIY! It’s so simple and can really be tweaked to make any size flower you want. We got creative and made small ones for wine + champagne bottles, total party hit!
Materials (found at most craft stores): Crepe paper in whatever colors you’d like, flower templates (print here), floral moss, scissors, hot glue, and card stock.
- Unroll your crepe paper and using a pencil trace the 4 layers of flower petals onto the paper.
- Cut out the layers.
- Now starting with the next descending sized petals, take one at a time and scrunch the ends up to mess it up a bit and make it look more like an organic flower. Repeat this for all layers.
- If you need a little stability, feel free to add a circle of card stock onto the back layer–this will help to hang it up.
- Glue the layers together and finish with the floral moss (or be creative and try glitter) in the center. *We also added a few leaves to bring the whole look together.
- Hang and enjoy your indoor garden party.
Happy crafting, Bridesiders!