Brideside Appointment Health & Safety Precautions: Your Questions Answered
With the onset of COVID-19 and stay-at-home requirements, we had to temporarily close our showrooms in March. As conditions stabilize and we slowly and safely begin to reopen stores, we wanted to share how we’re ensuring the safety of all customers who are planning to visit a Brideside showroom. We are adhering to all CDC recommendations, local & state laws and operating out of an abundance of caution. Keep reading to learn more about what you can expect before and during your appointment.
Cancellation Policy: With new restrictions, our space is more limited than it was before. In order to support as many bridal parties as we can, we are introducing a cancellation policy.
Please note that should you notify us of a cancellation or reschedule less than 48 hours of your bridal or bridesmaid appointment, there will be a $35 cancellation fee. A credit/debit card is required at the time of booking. If you provide a cancellation or change notice before this time, you will not be charged.
Brideside Showroom Visit FAQs
1. When are Brideside locations reopening?
We are abiding by stay-at-home regulations by location and will follow protocol as defined. As more news becomes available, we will update regions accordingly.
- Brideside Bridesmaid Charlotte: As of May 18, our Charlotte, NC location is open for showroom appointments.
- Brideside Bride & Bridesmaid NYC: As of July 6, our New York locations are open with reduced capacity. Appointment only.
- Brideside Bride & Bridesmaid Boston: As of June 22, our Boston locations are open with reduced capacity. Appointment only.
- Brideside Bride & Bridesmaid Chicago: As of June 15, our West Loop and Lincoln Park locations are open with reduced capacity. Appointment only.
2. Once reopened, how many people can attend an appointment?
We have set capacity limits that align to CDC guidelines for each location. They are:
- Brideside Bridesmaid Charlotte: Ten people per appointment.
- Brideside Bride & Bridesmaid NYC: Three people per appointment.
- Brideside Bride & Bridesmaid Boston: Three people per appointment.
- Brideside Bride & Bridesmaid Chicago: Three people per appointment.
Please keep in mind that virtual attendees are always welcome. Let your stylist know ahead of time so they can send out a video link!
3. What safety measures are being taken as stores reopen?
Brideside is closely following all CDC & local guidelines and taking necessary precautions to keep clients safe. There are many measures we are taking to ensure a safe and clean showroom environment. These include:
- Deep-cleaning showrooms: We are deep cleaning all locations prior to reopening using EPA-registered disinfectants prior to reopening. This includes all surfaces, carpets, upholstery, furniture, windows and more.
- Cleaning in between appointments: Showroom bays and major surfaces will be sanitized and disinfected before and after each appointment. Dresses tried on or touched by customers will also be sprayed down. We have added an extra 30 minute slot between each appointment to ensure our staff has ample time to clean between every appointment.
- Keeping staff safe and healthy: Stylists and staff will be required to wear masks and gloves and will observe six feet of distance from customers at all times.
4. How can I prepare for my Brideside appointment?
All customers and guests are required to wear a face covering upon entry and for the duration of the appointment. We will provide disposable gloves for you to wear. In the event that you or someone in your group forgets a mask, we will provide a disposable one. If you are unwilling or unable to wear the required mask and gloves, we will not be able to allow you into our showroom. Per usual, come prepared with nude undergarments.
5. What can I expect at my Brideside appointment?
We aim to provide a great in-store experience for all brides and bridal parties. That said, there will be some changes to our protocol in order to give everyone the safest possible environment for wedding shopping. Here’s what to expect:
Check in: If you arrive early to your appointment, you will have to wait outside with the rest of your party. Before you can enter the showroom, a staff member will ask you a series of questions to make sure you are not exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms nor have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days. For the safety of our staff and clients, we reserve the right to ask customers to leave if they are considered contagious for COVID-19.
During your appointment: In Charlotte, there will be a maximum of one bridal party in the showroom at a time. In other locations, there will be, at most, one other bridal party during your appointment, but we will be working to stagger them as much as possible. We have set these capacity limits based on the square footage of each store and the space required between each person in the showroom. We ask that you observe a six-foot distance from stylists and other customers.
Your requested and “favorited” dresses will be ready on a rack for you to try on upon arrival. Your stylist will talk everyone through how to measure themselves for the proper size. We will also have iPads and stands available in case you want to call in any remote friends or family.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer any food or drink during appointments, but we do have a special partnership with wineawesomeness.com to get you a great discount on wine delivered to your home!
Checking out: You will be able to pay for products via your cellphone to maintain a safe social distance and avoid unnecessary money handling and shared screen interaction.
6. Can I still do a virtual appointment?
Of course! We are still fulfilling virtual appointments of all kinds. These include:
- Virtual bride consultation for bridesmaid dresses
- Virtual bridal party consultation
- Virtual bridesmaid consultation for fit or style
- Mini consultation to talk wedding inspiration, colors, mood, etc.!
- Virtual bride consultation for wedding dresses
- Virtual bride consultation for bridal accessories
These can be done with or without a try-at-home box depending on preference and schedule. Get started here.
Sign up to learn more about safety and capacity requirements from your stylist!