Get the Look: Brideside Boho Chic
Boho Chic: For weddings it’s about balancing the boho with the chic: Little details like securing your hair with a braid instead of your everyday bed head waves or choosing soft ruffles instead of tattered fringe can really take your look to the next level. Let’s not forget that even an au natural look needs a little touch up to really glow in the pictures. We’ve pulled together some styling, hair and make up tips for your big day with the help of Amber Hug, Agnes Buda-Milewski and Emilia Jane Photography. Shop our Boho Chic Collection here.
Tips and Tricks:
- Easy breezy dresses are the name of the game. Choose something with light ruffles or flowing chiffon that is reminiscent of romance and avoid dresses that are too structured.
- Statement jewelry should be left at home for this style, but feel free to embrace natural elements like a flower tucked behind your ear or feather sewn into your locks. We love the DIY flower crowns that have become so popular paired with a simple necklace or earrings.
- Think outside the box for your bridesmaids footwear. Embellished sandals or delicate flats would be fun and you can even consider going barefoot for the day!
Boho Fishtail Braid
- Braids and other secured styles look and hold the best with hair that hasn’t been freshly washed. Your braid will look extra ethereal if you prep the hair first by curling large sections with a curling iron.
- Secure your hair with a ponytail holder at the crown of your head before beginning your braid. When you have finished your braid, slide the ponytail holder down your braid and secure your hair with it.
- The best braids never look perfect, embrace fly-aways or loose hairs and if your braid is tight when you have finished, gently pull it apart a bit to get that ‘undone’ look.
- The entire point of this look is to appear as if you don’t have any makeup on at all and instead look dewy and fresh faced. Focus on colors like soft pink for lips, light browns for eyes and natural bronzer for face.
- Use a bronzer with kabuki brush to lightly swipe along the areas that your face would naturally get sun kissed.
- This definitely isn’t the time to show off your skills with a bold red lip or dramatic cat eye. Instead place the focus on your lips with a pink or semi-sheer lip gloss, avoid a clear lip gloss and opt for something with a slight color that mimics your natural lip color.
Is this a look you would try? Tell us in the comments. Shop the Brideside Boho Chic Collection here.